VNBusinessNews.com – Germany has effectively helped restructuring and increase the business performance of the railways sector through a 2.1 million EUR project.
The Viet Nam Railways Corporation (VRC) and the German Technical Cooperation (GTZ) jointly held a seminar in Hanoi on April 28 to review the project, which was carried out from 2001-2008.
Addressing the seminar, VRC Deputy General Director Nguyen Dat Tuong said the sector’s performance has improved remarkably after the restructuring, posting an annual revenue growth of over 12 percent in the 2003-2008 period. Especially, the sector has attracted investment from the foreign-invested and private sectors in railway transportation.
Under the project, the State management of the railways sector has been separated from business functions with the establishment of the Vietnam Railways Administration and the Vietnam Railways Corporation.
The project also helped drafting the Railways Law, making a legal framework for the development of the sector, ensuring equal participation of businesses of various economic sectors.
In addition, the Viet Nam Railways Corporation has also developed new services with support from the project, including container trains between Hai Phong-Lao Cai, Hanoi-Sai Gon and Da Nang-Saigon, and the Sai Gon-Phan Thiet tourism route.
VRC officials also benefited from many training courses to improve capacity of management of business and service quality.
Manfred Breihaupt, a senior expert of GTZ overseeing the project, said that the project played an important role in attracting support from other donors.
On this occasion, VRC leaders called on domestic and foreign partners, especially those from ASEAN, to continue to invest and cooperate in train service in Viet Nam. (VNA)
Read more here:
Germany helps railway sector raise business performance
- Related Blogs on all-stories
- Related Blogs on appid
- Anti-Virus-1 Info & Manual Removal Guide
- Related Blogs on carried-out
- Chiapas: Concern about the coming Supreme Court decision in the …
- Benefits of using resveratrol.
- Weaponizing Deadly Viruses: Historical Precedents
- Related Blogs on deputy-general
- Related Blogs on director
- VADM Harvey, Director, Navy Staff Discusses Blogs and Social Media …
- Related Blogs on endorsed-the-dvb
- Symbian Foundation endorsed by Qualcomm, SanDisk, MySpace and more
- Mobile industry predictions for 2009 part 1
- Free Lyrics
- Related Blogs on german
- Related Blogs on german-technical
- Related Blogs on hanoi
- Paradise Hotel Hanoi
- Hanoi Elegance 1 hotel
- Ats Hotel Hanoi
- Hanoi Lucky hotel
- Hanoi Street hotel
- Related Blogs on hoang
- You Fade to Light by Philips Electronics
- Nike Auto Flight
- Paz de la Huerta and Juliana Balestin at the Standard Hotel
- GQ Project Upgrade Golf Style
- 2009 MTV Movie Awards Nominee list
- Related Blogs on industry
- Credit Scoring Hearing
- Why the Trucking Industry Supports Move to HST
- J. Rubin & Company
- Purgatory Dallas
- Related Blogs on invalid
- Cannot perform bulk insert. Invalid collation name for source …
- Related Blogs on jointly-held
- We Can Still Be Facebook Friends: How Breaking Up Can Break Your Bank
- we muslimin786 are not comfortable being called mamak ? so if you …
- One Small Step For The Elderly, One Giant Leap For Diagnosis – iShoe
- See Ya…adios…sianora…the Painful ‘death-like’ Experience Called …
- Settlement Cash Structured for Flow
- Girl Bee
- Related Blogs on project
- Related Blogs on restructuring
- Is Loan Modification The Same As Loan Restructuring?
- Related Blogs on said-the-sector
- Boost for public sector housing
- Related Blogs on sector-through
- The rise of the informal sector and why it should be taxed
- Obamanomics or Into The Abyss
- Support gain for Green Building Carbon Credits – BOMA, US Green …
- Related Blogs on seminar
- I'll be teaching a seminar on mashups at the Educause 2009 Annual …
- Company BSS conducted the seminar, dedicated to…
- How Helpful Is A Forex Trading Seminar
- Related Blogs on southeast-asian
- Global warming to cripple Southeast Asia economically – Mongabay.com
- Champa jewellery handed to museum
- Study: SE Asia will be hit hard by climate change
- Maitum jar diorama on display from next week
- Asean climate risk high
- Related Blogs on the-seminar
- Penn State Seminar Room Named to Honor Fallen Alumnus
- My graduate seminar at CCA is a fail: A Statement by Jeanne Finley
- Tajikistan: Cooperation between NGOs and Media to be discussed in …
- CSIRO THE COMMONWEALTH SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH ORGANISATION
- AGRICULTURE CREDIT SEMINAR AT KHAIRPUR, SINDH
- Related Blogs on tuong
- All About Chinese Herbal Medicine : Apricot Kernel & Chinese …